Version 3.14 of OneDriveMapper has been released:
- added an ‘always reset IE cookies’ option
- completely revamped the way you configure mappings (make sure you read the help in the code!)
- optionally, map to Network Locations instead of Driveletters (thanks Tom!)
- Most options are no longer mandatory
- OnedriveMapper Cloud no longer supported (as announced last year)
- New and greatly enhanced Folder Redirection functions, including automatic copying of source content
- Optional client certificate selection based on certificate template name
- Automatic certificate refresh if no client certificate is present, when using client certificates as auth mode
- Some bugfixes and major code cleanup
- Usage of environment variable to determine mapping driveletter removed
As always, make sure to test before deploying to production, I’ve only tested Azure AD and a single ADFS setup.
Get the new version here
SUPERCEDED BY Ultimate folder redirection for Onedrive, Teams and Sharepoint
I’ve taken information from several sources and written a single “Do It All – Onedrive For Business configuration script” for the Windows 10 Modern Management (Intune MDM Azure AD Join) scenario.
The script can be deployed through Intune to your Windows 10 MDM clients and will do the following silently:
- check latest O4B version and update to it
- detect O4B configuration, start auto config
- completely silent / invisible configuration with SSO
- optionally, enable Files On Demand
- optionally, redirect folders to Onedrive
- optionally, copy old content
O4BClientAutoConfig + source code.
Couple of changes done, partially with the help of Alan Wallace of Oregon Tech:
- Chunked uploading of large files
- Retry of uploads (up to 3 times)
- Warning when uploading 5k+ items to the same library
- Replace _w and _t folder improvement
- No longer force a verify when uploading folders to Sharepoint
Get it here
Version 3.10 of OneDriveMapper has been released!
- handle the new tile / prompt that appears in IE login mode where Microsoft no longer always redirects to the portal
- Progress bar color is now a configurable option (cloud/non cloud)
- alphabetic ordering of configs (cloud only)
- Fixed auto update loop issue where auto update would break itself for subsequent updates.
- When restarting self (switching auth mode or auto updating) properly hide the console if this was set
Important Auto Update Instructions
If you were using Auto-Update, DO NOT do so for this version. Use the MSI to replace the old version (see last fixed issue).
New Azure AD Signin experience
As some may have read, Microsoft is previewing a potentially disruptive change without advance notice. My tenants don’t yet display the new behavior so I cannot test if OnedriveMapper will be affected. I haven’t heard of any issues yet 🙂
Get the new version here
Onedrive for Business’s client, the new Next Generation Sync client, is awesome. Obviously.
So you want it on your devices, but Microsoft distributes it as .exe. Nasty, because I want to manage Windows 10 as mobile devices through Intune, and that only allowes me to distribute as MSI.
I created an MSI for Onedrive for Business’s Next Generation Client using Advanced Installer. Because I’m not allowed to redistribute Microsoft’s .exe, this MSI downloads the .exe from Microsoft’s website, it uses /silent and /takeover as installation switches. Continue reading Deploying the new Onedrive Next Generation Sync client as MSI through Intune to Windows 10