An import bugfix and two new features:
- bugfix: if a homedir fails to upload, the document library’s versioning setting would stay disabled
- if you’re uploading homedirectories, the script will attempt to set the author/editor of all files to the owner of the homedirectory (thanks for the idea Sean!)
- new ‘unAuthorize’ button, to remove admin permissions from homedirectories after the migration
Get it here
Onedrive for Business’s client, the new Next Generation Sync client, is awesome. Obviously.
So you want it on your devices, but Microsoft distributes it as .exe. Nasty, because I want to manage Windows 10 as mobile devices through Intune, and that only allowes me to distribute as MSI.
I created an MSI for Onedrive for Business’s Next Generation Client using Advanced Installer. Because I’m not allowed to redistribute Microsoft’s .exe, this MSI downloads the .exe from Microsoft’s website, it uses /silent and /takeover as installation switches. Continue reading Deploying the new Onedrive Next Generation Sync client as MSI through Intune to Windows 10
Have you tried https://securescore.office.com yet?
You should 🙂
Version 0.56 is out, changes since v0.50:
- prevent running twice (if scheduled task hangs for some reason)
- send email notification if logfile is locked
- replace add-adgroupmember and remove-adgroupmember with set-adgroup because of a known bug in these commands
- multi-delete protection
- auto reconnect to Exchange Online when the connection times out + longer timeout
- additional filtering method for groups: extensionAttribute2
- If you want to use this instead of the displayName prefix filter, read up on how to switch
Get it here
Version 3.08 of OneDriveMapper has been released!
- Modified folder redirection into three seperate options (mydocs, favorites, desktop)
- Fixed a onetime crash after the auto updater runs
- redirectMyDocsTo renamed to redirectToSubfolderName
- Minor bug/performance fixes
Get the new version here
Configuring a multi forest sync solution for a single Office 365 tenant is pretty straightforward, but there are a few small tiny gotcha’s:
1. DNS resolution is critical, adding a few host file entries won’t do the trick, use a (conditional) forwarder to a DC for each forest
2. Ensure the proper firewall ports are open
3. Ensure you type your login in the netbios format and include the suffix, e.g.: LIEBEN.NU\Admin, using LIEBEN\Admin will fail
If you don’t, you’ll probably run into this error:
[ERROR] Caught exception while validating the domain credentials and retrieving domain FQDN of the specified user XXXX.XXX\Admin.<br />
Exception Data (Raw): System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryObjectNotFoundException: The specified domain does not exist or cannot be contacted.<br />
at System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.Domain.GetDomain(DirectoryContext context)<br />
at Microsoft.Online.Deployment.Framework.Providers.ActiveDirectoryProvider.ValidateUserCredentials(String domainName, String username, SecureString password, String& domainFqdn)<br />
at Microsoft.Online.Deployment.OneADWizard.UI.WizardPages.ConfigSyncDirectoriesPageViewModel.ValidateADDirectoryConnection(DirectoryConnectionViewModel connection)
I’ve been ‘mentioning’ it a few times here and there, wasn’t allowed to say too much….but now it is finally public, coming before the end of the year Onedrive will have a sync on demand feature, no longer requiring local storage on your device!
It will allow all of us OnedriveMapper users to switch to a fully supported Microsoft solution for Windows 10 users.
Quirky thing is, Windows 7 and 2008 / 2012 R2 are not in scope. Possibly another good one to vote on at uservoice 🙂
If you use Azure Runbooks, but develop scripts locally first…you may like to display progress indicators to yourself when handling large amounts of records / data with Write-Progress.
Be sure to parameterise this, because if you use Write-Progress in an Azure Runbook, it will seriously slow your runbook down, increasing the cost, and if there are over 4000 write-progress calls the runbook will hang and crash.