A full overview of all Microsoft 365 (Business, F1, E3 and E5) plans and their features in a table for your convenience 🙂
Many Office 365 clients (and especially Excel) really don’t like long paths. The older the client, the worse the issues.
To find files over a certain path length in Office 365, I wrote a script a while back. This required manual perusal of the results and manual correction of the issues.
The new version of my script now features fully automatic discovery, a flexible editor and automatic correction of paths based on what you entered into the editor.
You can get the PowerShell script / editor from my git repository here.
Many thanks to CTS in their help me designing and testing this script!
How to use
- download the script and save it somewhere
- Copy the desired Sharepoint Library into a new Sharepoint Library and/or site
- Run the script only for that site by specifying the -specificSiteUrls parameter
- do some corrections, commit them, check the results
- If satisfied, set permissions for your admin account on the actual production sites your wish to fix (script for Onedrive Mass Permissions here)
- Ensure no users have open files in the library
- Remove any non-standard characters from folder names (see script source, example code at the top)
- Please make sure you TEST this on a copy of your document library/sites before using the ‘commit’ option.
- Use at your own risk.
- I recommend turning on the Universal Audit log before usage.
For those googling above error, try disabling your Intune App Protection Policy targeting Onedrive for Business 😉
In the post-Onedrivemapper era where we have Files On Demand, there is still room for improvement in client side configuration of Onedrive for Business. Onedrive Known Folders isn’t up to par yet, doesn’t support any customization and there are situations where I want to be able to redirect local folders to other places than Onedrive like Teams or Sharepoint.
Therefore I present to you “Invoke-O4BAutoMount“; the ultimate Onedrive/Sharepoint/Teams sync and redirect solution in modern workplace scenario’s, no WebDav, just the NSG Onedrive Client and native Intune Management Extension:Continue reading Ultimate folder redirection for Onedrive, Teams and Sharepoint
The Onedrive Per Machine install is the future recommended method of Microsoft to install and deploy Onedrive for Business.
Especially in multi-user / shared computer scenario’s Onedrive is much faster in Per Machine mode.
Here is a quick tutorial on deploying Onedrive in Per Machine mode to your Windows 10 Intune / MDM users, keep in mind:
- no user interaction is required
- updates etc still work in the same manner
- existing data/accounts are adopted automatically