Onedrive for Business’s client, the new Next Generation Sync client, is awesome. Obviously.
So you want it on your devices, but Microsoft distributes it as .exe. Nasty, because I want to manage Windows 10 as mobile devices through Intune, and that only allowes me to distribute as MSI.
I created an MSI for Onedrive for Business’s Next Generation Client using Advanced Installer. Because I’m not allowed to redistribute Microsoft’s .exe, this MSI downloads the .exe from Microsoft’s website, it uses /silent and /takeover as installation switches. Continue reading Deploying the new Onedrive Next Generation Sync client as MSI through Intune to Windows 10
Considering to move to an Anywhere, Anyplace, Anytime lightweight IT environment? Throwing out all local IT?
No more Domain Services, just AzureAD? Windows10, or any other mobile modern client? Here’s a short checklist I sometimes use for clients when assessing their intentions / plan:
- Intune tenant created and policies have been set, including Conditional Access
- All my application servers/services have been moved to SaaS or to RemoteApp (WVD) or similar
- My identities have been synchronized or copied to Azure AD
- All users have an Intune or EMS license
- I have enabled Azure AD automatic MDM enrollment
- I have enabled Enterprise State Roaming in Azure AD
- I have published my internal web sites using Azure Application Proxy and added these sites to Intune as Apps
- DLP policies have been setup for any sensitive data types/locations in my company
- Personal data has been migrated to Onedrive for Business
- Group data has been moved to Office 365 Groups/Teams or Sharepoint Online
- WDATP has been set up for W10 and Mac clients
Just to get you started! 🙂
So, a while back Intune got the ability to deploy native MSI’s to MDM enrolled Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 clients. No Intune client is required, which gives a really awesome out of the box experience.
However, we can only deploy single MSI’s, and we can’t patch them with MSP’s, or deploy installers that are only available as .exe.
To spare us having to repackage them, please vote on my uservoice idea to extend MDM enrollment in Intune.