I am a great believer in the power of open source and an open community where content is shared, peer reviewed and improved continuously.
Therefore, all my scripts / solutions are free to use as long as you’re not making money out of it, directly or indirectly.
I define making money out of my script as Commercial use, which means using my work as part of a service or product that is being paid for by someone.
- a managed service provider using my scripts in their customer environments
- a global IT organization that handles IT for subsidiaries, for which they are compensated
- a software company that (re)uses (parts of) my scripts in their commercial software or internal tools used to help paying customers
- situations where my scripts are used in migrations or conversions for paid products or services
- a staffing company, where their staff implements my scripts at customer sites where the customer pays (directly or indirectly) for their hours
- IT contractors that implement my solutions for their customers
Here my work helps create monetary value and it is fair to ask for a (small) piece of the pie to support future work, improvements, advice, support, etc etc.
If you wish to use my work in a commercial context, you pay yearly or purchase an unlimited license (perpetual, does not expire) based on your Tier.
Tiers are defined as ‘users affected or targeted’ and structured as follows:
When upgrading tiers, the previous payment may be substracted from the price.
A purchase applies to all current and future work published publicly on this blog. So you only pay one fee for everything I’ve ever published.
For (verified) NGO’s and educational institutions, a 75% discount applies.
Send an email to josliebennu (which is an email address if you put the right characters between SL and NN) stating:
- the desired Tier
- your business name
- business address
- VAT number (only if European)
You’ll receive an invoice within 2 business days.
If you use my scripts in a commercial organization, but you are directly employed by that organization and do not charge that organization for usage of my work in any way, it is not considered Commercial Use as per my terms as you do not make money off my work.