One of my customers is doing a full cloud-only pilot of Windows 10, Mobile (MDM) managed through Intune to leverage a least-infrastructure solution worldwide.
They’re using Azure AD, but opted out of Onedrive for Business and are using Box Drive instead.
To encourage their users to actually save data to Box instead of Onedrive or locally, I wrote a little Powershell script (since Intune native PS script deployment isn’t live yet). This script checks if Box has been configured, if not it throws a little popup to the user. If it has, it redirects My Documents, and copies any existing content from it to Box.
I used Advanced Installer to wrap this in an MSI for easy deployment through Intune, and would like to share this with you 🙂
ZIP download: configureBoxRedirection_v1.02.zip
- ps1 file which does the actual work
- vbs wrapper to run it silently (hidden windows)
- .aip file (advanced installer)
- .msi file (to roll out with Intune or other tools)
- added a caching mechanism to force Box Drive to locally cache files (normally Box only does this when they are opened)
- added a caching filter to prevent caching of files above 25MB to reduce initial bandwidth overhead
- added a 5 minute loop / wait cycle to allow box to initialize, as the script may otherwise run before Box can initialize
Is it possible to use this script to back up other folders such as Downloads and Desktop to Box drive?
How can I get in touch with you to help us with a OneDrive migration project?